DO NATURAL DISASTERS OCCUR AS JUDGMENTS FROM GOD? Genesis 12:3 tells us: "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed."
Remember how God said that those who harm Israel He will curse? Is there any way to track that? Historically, every nation that has ever risen against Israel has gone on to devastation. But in the present, is there any way to track this?
Recently a lawyer friend of mine sent me his study of natural disasters just in the USA and against that list he noted Israel. The results are ominous! Have you ever compared the weather here and the situation in God’s Land? Here are a few events:
1. October 30, 1991: President George Bush opens the Madrid Conference with an initiative involving Israel's land. On the same day, an extremely rare storm forms off the coast of Nova Scotia. (It was eventually tagged "The Perfect Storm," and a book and movie were made about it.) Record-setting 100-foot waves form at sea and pound the New England Coast, even causing heavy damage to President Bush's home in Kennebunkport, Maine.
2. August 23, 1992: The Madrid Conference moves to Washington D.C. and the peace talks resume, lasting four days. On that same day, Hurricane Andrew -- the worst natural disaster ever to hit America -- produces an estimated $30 billion in damage and leaves 180,000 homeless in Florida.
3. January 16, 1994: President Clinton meets with Syria's President Hafez el-Assad in Geneva. They talk about a peace agreement with Israel that includes giving up the Golan Heights. At the end of that day at exactly 730 PM Geneva time (430AM in LA), a powerful 6.9 earthquake rocks Southern California. This quake, centered in Northridge, is the second most destructive natural disaster to hit the United States, behind Hurricane Andrew.
4. March 1 to April 1997: The combination of PLO Chairman Yassar Arafat touring America and Clinton rebuking Israel for not giving away her land for peace coincide with some of the worst tornadoes and flooding in US history. On the very day Arafat lands in America, powerful tornadoes devastate huge sections of the nation. Arafat's American tour also coincides with the storms in the Dakotas, which result in the worst flooding of this century, in addition to weeks of major storms throughout the Midwest. Arafat finishes his tour and leaves the US and the storms stop.
5. September 27-28, 1998: Secretary of State Madeleine Albright works on the final details of an agreement in which Israel will give up 13 percent of Yesha. The same day Hurricane Georges slams into the Gulf Coast with 110 mph winds and gusts up to 175. On September 28, Clinton meets with Arafat and Netanyahu at the White House to finalize the land deal. Hurricane Georges pounds the Gulf Coast causing $1 billion in damage. At the exact time Arafat departs the US the storm begins to dissipate.
6. October 15-22, 1998: On October 15, 1998, Yasser Arafat and Benjamin Netanyahu meet at the Wye River Plantation in Maryland. On October 17, awesome rains and tornadoes hit southern Texas. The San Antonio area is deluged with 20 inches of rain in one day. The rains and floods in Texas continue until October 22 and then subside. The floods ravage 25 percent of Texas and leave over one billion dollars in damage. On October 21, Clinton declares this section of Texas a major disaster area.
7. May 3, 1999: This is the same day in Israel that Yasser Arafat is scheduled to declare a Palestinian state with Jerusalem as the capital. The declaration is postponed to December 1999. That same day, starting at 4:47 pm CDT, the most powerful tornado storm system ever to hit the United States sweeps across Oklahoma and Kansas. The winds are clocked at 316 mph the fastest wind speed ever recorded. I can't think of a more dramatic verification of God's promise than the facts listed above. However, I'll bet you didn't hear them connected on the six o'clock news or read about them in the newspaper. And there's a reason for that. Over the past fifty years or so we have been taught as a culture to ignore the supernatural and to even scoff at it when it presents itself. And therein lies the problem. "Thinking ourselves wise, we have become foolish."
God deliver us from our foolish failure to discern His hand in the events of our times.
Follow Discover the Book Ministries to stay up to date:
Traditional Books: https://tinyurl.com/y4xgz9rb
Audio CDs: https://tinyurl.com/y5nnj3eu
Donate to the ministry: https://discoverthebook.org/donations/partnership/
PayPal QuickLink: https://paypal.me/JohnandBonnieDTBM?locale.x=en_US
- JUDGEMENT OVER THE NATIONS