#indonesiaearthquaketoday # WestSumatra #strongearthquake
An intermediate magnitude 5.7 earthquake was reported early afternoon near Blitar, East Java, Indonesia. According to the German Research Centre for Geosciences, the quake hit on at 2:00 pm local time at an intermediate depth of 87 km.
Our monitoring service received multiple user reports describing light to moderate shaking. Some users reported feeling a sudden jolt followed by 2-5 seconds of shaking. However, It should not have caused significant damage, other than objects falling from shelves, broken windows, etc.
The channel lists such natural disasters as:
1) Geological emergencies: Earthquake, Volcanic eruption, Mud, Landslide, Landslide, Avalanche;
2) Hydrological emergencies: Flood, Tsunami, Limnological disaster, Flood, Flood;
3) Fires: Forest fire, Peat fire;
4) Meteorological emergencies: Tornado, Cyclone, Blizzard, Hail, Drought, Tornado, Hail, Hurricane, Tsunami, Storm, Thunderstorm, Tempest.
- EARTHQUAKES IN DIVERSE PLACES